Movie: Madea Goes to Jail
Director: Tyler Perry
Screenplay by: Tyler Perry
Date Revised: 00.00.00
- ORDINARY WORLD: In the beginning Candice is a prostitute. She gets in trouble with the law time and again.***INCITING INCIDENT: She meets an old friend, Josh whom she blames for her sour situation. He bails her out of a 1500 dollar fine.
- CALL TO ADVENTURE:She also meets a counsellor who tries to convince her to change her life (“Stop working these streets”).
- REFUSAL:She continues working as a prostitute despite her abusive pimp and the fact that she is clearly smart. She refuses help from Josh and the counsellor.
- MEETING WITH MENTOR:At this point of the story Candy’s luck turns for the worst when she is thrown into jail. Here she meets Madea, ‘the other mentor’.Her friend Donna, who is also a prostitute, tries to help Candy see that the counsellor is simply trying to help them (by sharing the word of God).
- CROSSING THE THRESHOLD: She begins to learn about forgiveness: How it is for you and not the other person. During this time she forgives Josh for what he did to her some years ago.
- TEST, ALLIES & ENEMIES:
- She has been sentenced to 17 years in prison, for something that Josh’s fiancée dug up.
- She makes a few friends in prison. Meanwhile, Josh tries his best to get her out.
- Her main enemy at this point is Josh’s fiancée and a bully hitting on her.
7. APPROACH (PREPARATION):Candy and Josh fall in love. The latter finds out what his fiancée did. He gets the word out and the local citizens protest to have the innocent prisoners set free.
8. ORDEAL (CHANGE):
10. ROAD BACK (NEW CHALLENGE):
11. RESSURECTION (CLIMAX):
12. RETURN WITH ELIXIR: